Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pics

This is of me diving in the Keys. I miss SCUBA diving so much! I may have been born under an air sign, but water is my element!


Pink scarf that I found on sale at Target! This is more the style I would wear at work, or running down the road to the fruit market. Quick, easy, and in my opinion, very feminine (oh goodness, our children will never have a strong chin!LOL)







I wear the anabaptist style covering when I am at home with my family. But put an outer covering on (sun hat/bonnett) when I leave the house just to be in the yard.










This is me about to go out shopping. Argh, the tag is showing! LOL















Ok, please be patient with me, I am learning! LOL This was such a cold day in SW FL that I was able to wear some of my heavier clothes.


















3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful.

    I have always wanted to cover my head as well. Is there a way for me to convince my husband that it is Pagan to cover my head? He thinks that it's only a Christian and Muslim thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these are wonderful and varied examples of yours. I, too, am curious as to your motivations as I am beginning to cover myself yet do not fully understand the cultural/religious significance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ladies that I was not here to answer your questions sooner. There are no cultural references to give you ladies. This was a calling from my deities. I dreamt of this time and time again. My DH is pretty flexible about it, so there was no having to convince him. He is of the mindset that whatever makes me happy, and I am not hurting anyone. The opposite applies here. I love helping people, but now-a-days if you try to be a genuinely nice person people think you are nuts. With my coverings I am allowed to help others in public without getting funny looks. Also, when I am speaking with my deities informally (ie not casting circles to do so), I feel as if I am closer with my head covered. I wear them during ritual, as it helps ground me. I remember why it is I am there.

    Have either of yoou had any success?

    ReplyDelete